This is a delicious seasonal treat that provides you with lots of beta carotene which is a great antioxidant. Pumpkins are a very nutrient-dense food that also provide you with Vitamin K, C and Potassium.
For the crust:
- 200g rolled (gluten-free) oats
- 50g (or 1 pouch) coconut cream (or puree like this one for instance)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (I use ground tonka beans)
- some ginger (fresh or powder)
Combine all ingredients and let rest 15 minutes. If the mix is too dry, you can add some coconut oil and/or hot water. Mix with hands and press into pie tin
For the filling:
- 450-500g cooked or roasted pumpkin (you can use frozen and roast in the oven or just put a whole pumpkin in the oven.
- optional: 3 dates or a TBSP of maple or date syrup
- 3 eggs
- 250ml full fat coconut milk
- pinch of sea salt & nutmeg
- ginger to taste
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
Mix all together with a blender or hand mixer and pour into the pie tin.
Bake at 180°C for 45 minutes & let cool at least 2 hours.